Duration: 35 minutes/Group Size: Medium
Props listed are not crucial but will definitely make it more realistic and fun.
Prepare a mock sportscaster booth complete with mics, headphones, sports posters, desk, etc. Set up a screen and play the sportscaster video found on the DVD that came with the guide. You may wish to assign a teen to videotape the auditions. *
- Sports posters or backdrop
- Large DVD screen
- Sportscaster video (found on monthly DVD)
- Divide the teens into teams of 2-4 teens. (If your group is small, teens can audition alone.)
- Each team has a turn to read funny sport scripts on the sportscaster video. The script will have lots of funny and random sentences, making it difficult for the teens to refrain from laughter.
- The teams will compete to announce the plays without laughing or messing up. ( ex: Script will jump from sport to sport in mid sentence and contains random words in the middle of a big play.)
- Choose 3 judges to rate the teens’ performances and pick the winning sportscasting team. Each team is allotted 3 strikes (3 mess-ups) before being kicked off the stage by the judges .
- Upload your CTeen Facebook page with the funny sportscaster auditions and bloopers.