Time Table: 20 minutes/Group size: medium-large
Yields 18-24 doughnuts (depending on size)
Prepare all the ingredients and heat the oil in a deep fryer.
- 1 3/4 oz fresh yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nondairy creamer
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 6 to 7 cups flour
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2-quart pot or deep fryer
- Slotted spoon
- Paper towel
- Candy corn
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate lentils
- Pull ‘N Peel Twizzlers
NOTE: To test if dough is ready for rolling, place a small piece in a glass of water - if the dough floats to the top, it is ready.
- Place yeast, water, and sugar in a small bowl. Allow to stand several minutes until bubbly.
- In a large mixer bowl place eggs, oil, sugar, nondairy creamer, vanilla, and grated lemon peel. Add yeast mixture. Add flour until soft dough is formed. Knead for a few minutes.
- Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Roll out dough 1.2 inch thick on floured surface. Cut out circles with a doughnut cutter.
- Place 2 or 3 inches of oil in a 2-quart saucepan and heat over a medium flame until hot. Place four doughnuts at a time the oil. Brown on one side and then the other
- Remove with slotted spoon. Drain and cool on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Use the jelly to glue three small doughnut balls one on top of the other to form the body of the snowman.
- Add candy corn as a nose, chocolate chips as eyes, chocolate lentils as buttons, and Pull ‘N Peel Twizzlers as a scarf. You can add even more accessories; get as creative as you want!
Share this post