Duration: 20 minutes/Group Size: Medium
Setup: Teens sit around a table.
- Small papers
Negative Habit or Fears Examples:
- Each teen receives an envelope. Each teen writes a negative habit, limitation, or addiction that he or she wants to break.
- Nail biting
- Talking disrespectfully to parents
- Fear of public speaking
Debrief: Learn to break your habits.
- Collect all the envelopes and mix them well.
- Scatter piles of “Advice for Snapping” cards on the table.
- Hand each teen a random envelope.
- Teens write advice on the “Advice for Snapping” cards to help overcome the problem on the envelope.
- After 50 seconds, teens place cards in the envelopes and pass the envelopes to the teen sitting on their left.
- Repeat steps #5 and #6 until all the envelopes come back to the original teen.
- Teens take turns reading aloud the problems and the solutions on the cards.