Timetable: 30 minutes/Group size: medium-large
- 4-6 three oz boxes of Jell-O in various colors
- Canola oil
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- Boiling water
- Glass dishes
- Sharp knife
- Pyrex baking kish
- Before the program, follow the instructions on the back of the Jell-O packages and make your Jell-O in glass dishes. Let sit for several hours in the fridge.
- Once the Jell-O has set, cut into cubes.
- Lightly oil a 9′′ x 13′′ Pyrex baking dish. Place cubes into the dish.
- Repeat with all colors, mixing them in the pattern of your liking.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle two envelopes of gelatin into 1/2 a cup of cold water. Let sit for a minute or two.
- Add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool in refrigerator for a half hour.
- Once it has cooled, pour the mixture over your Jell-O cubes. To remove bubbles on the surface, blow on them with a straw. Refrigerate overnight.
- Once Jell-O is set, use a very sharp knife dipped in hot water to slice Jell-O into squares.
- Dip knife into hot water again and cut a thinner horizontal strip. Repeat process until you are done.
Share this post