Duration: 30 minutes/Group Size; Any
- 7 ft of Irrigation tubing
- Small beads
- Duct tape
- Bowl of hot water
- Ratcheting PVC cutter/razor
- Duct tape- different colors
- Electric water heater or urn
- Using a razor or PVC cutter, cut the irrigation tubing before the program.
Debrief: Like a circle which has no end, generation after generation, Judaism has kept strong!
- Fill up a bowl with hot water and soften one end of the tubing by soaking it in the water for two minutes.
- Slide the heated end of the tubing over the coupling until it reaches the midpoint line.
- Create a funnel out of a piece of paper by rolling it up and then pour beads (using a cup) into the other end of the tube (not too many.)
- Soak the other end of the tubing in the hot water for two minutes.
- Immediately slide the bare end of the tubing onto the coupling so that the two ends meet.
- Wrap the seam with a couple of layers of colored tape to seal it.
- Decorate your hoop by wrapping it with contrasting colors of tape. Wrap each color at a different angle for a woven look
- Couplings are pieces that close the tube. They should be found right near the irrigation tubing in the store. Be sure you get the right size for the tubes as there are different sizes.
Share this post