Flower Pot Cakes
August 18, 2015 11:50
- 4 small flower pots
- 4 fake flowers
- 1 1/3 cups ground Sandwich cookies
- Gummi worms
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 3/4 cup soymilk or water
- 100 gram semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup double cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 4 small pieces of baking parchment to cover the small holes in the flower pots. Butter the flower pots.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
In a large mixing bowl beat together the margarine and eggs until creamy for about 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined, beat in melted chocolate for about 2-3 minutes until well combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared flower pots.
- Bake for 25 minutes, the cake is done when it's well risen, pulls away from the edges and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring the double cream to a boil. Pour the boiled cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for a minute. Stir the chocolate until it's completely melted into the cream.
- Divide evenly over the cakes and start decorating immediately.
- Cover the frosting with the ground sandwich cookies, pop a fake flower in the middle of each flower pot, and press the end of the worms into the frosting.
- Create an edible flower using fruit leather.
- Short on time? Use Duncan Hines Brownie Mix instead.
- Paint the flower pots before or after baking.
- Multiply the ingredients to create larger quantities of cake batter.
- Use multi colored pebble-shaped chocolate candies, for garnish
- Use mint sprigs for garnish.