Duration: 45 minutes/Group Size: Any
Toolbox (per teen):
- 5 baby socks
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Small beads and a needle
- Tacky glue
- 5 small felt triangles
- 3 yards of narrow ribbon
- Embroidery needle
- 6-inch embroidery hoop
- To make each bird, stuff a sock just up to the ankle with fiberfill.
- Tie a piece of thread securely around the toe, about an inch or so from the end, to make the head. Use another piece of thread to tie off the tail as shown.
- Sew on the bead eyes (or draw them on with a permanent marker.) Then sew or glue on a felt triangle beak.
- To hang the flock, cut the ribbon at varying lengths (we used 8, 10, and 16 inches).
- With the embroidery needle, thread a section of ribbon through the back of each bird.
- Knot together the loose ends and trim them. Then loop the ribbons around the hoop so the birds hang down.
- To keep the ribbons from sliding, you can attach them to the hoop with a dab of tacky glue.
- Attach three additional loops of ribbon to hang the mobile with.
Share this post