Timetable: 35 minutes/Group size: small-medium
Yields: 12 cupcakes
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- Apple juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups white icing
- Red food coloring
- 6 cinnamon sticks - cut in half
- 6 candy spearmint leaves or green sour belts or Laffy Taffys
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake trays
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on the box, substituting apple juice in place of water, and adding cinnamon.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake trays and pour cake batter into them.
- While cupcakes are baking, tint icing with red food coloring so it is the color of ripe apples.
- Frost cupcakes and push a cinnamon stick in the center of each, leaving it sticking out slightly to resemble an apple stem.
- Attach a “leaf” using the icing as glue. Either a candy spearmint leaf or a green laffy taffy shaped into a leaf can be used.
Share this post